Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Cover Up!

It's finally summer!  Time to break out summer dresses, swim suits, cover ups, sunnies and sandals πŸ˜πŸ™Œ. 

When it starts getting hot out, I don't want to think too much about what I want to wear.  I admit, I get lazy. I like wearing pieces that are easy to style and comfortable for moving around in. 

Enter, this aerie tank dress. So soft you could fall asleep in it; and so classic you can style it in a number of ways without roasting in the summer sun. 


Tank dress: aerie || Striped cover up: aerie || Watch: c/o Fossil || 
Bucket Bag: American Eagle (similar) || Sunnies: Wish app (similar) || 
Sandals: J. Crew || Necklace: Forever 21 || Belt: Forever 21
(links coming soon, shop below)

My friends know all too well, I'm not a fan of getting into a swimsuit; I've always been pretty self conscious. But as I've gotten older, and started working on becoming healthier I've been much happier with myself. 

That being said, I don't dread buying swim suits anymore. It's made shopping for my summer wardrobe fun again. 

One of my favorite pieces I've recently picked up from aerie is this striped cover up. It's the perfect summer layer that you can wear to and from the beach. I love the blue and white stripes and the fringe; it's such an easy, breezy piece that I plan on wearing all summer.  



These J. Crew lace up gladiator sandals are PERFECT for summertime!  They're a chic, off white and made of a super soft leather.  

If there's one thing I need each summer, it's a good, sturdy pair of sandals. I am, by no means, a flip flops kind of girl (I own one pair, for the occasional trips to get a pedicure); these are just right. They're a little pricey (although right now they're on sale!), but you can never beat classic and quality. 



Cover ups make a great addition to a summer wardrobe...even if you're like me, and don't head to the beach very often!  They're great because they're super versatile, especially this aerie stripes shawl, like I'm wearing, because they're a bunch of different ways you can style it if you get creative. 



What do you guys think of using your cover ups as part of your everyday summer look?  :)

Shop my look: 

No comments:

Post a Comment