Saturday, September 19, 2015

Desert Princess Chic

I'm not really a sweats kind of a girl (I only have two pairs, and they're both Richie's lol; the only time I ever wear them are to bed, or maybe babysitting); to me, dressed down is jeans and a tee, with a cute pair of flats (or my trusty riding boots if it's fall or winter).  And then I got a second job, at Aerie, and am now surrounded by lounge wear...but it's not all your typical lounge wear.  It's pulled together, so you can look chic and still be comfortable; who doesn't want to wear sweats and sweaters and still look stylish?!

Lounge wear is the perfect solution to transitioning your wardrobe from summer to fall!

One of my new faves is a recent Aerie purchase: the wrap front jumpsuit.  I'm in love with the wrap front; it just makes the piece feel a little more chic than a regular jumpsuit (it's all in the details!).

I love jumpsuits.  They're so easy to dress up and down (perfect for travel); and they're the most versatile piece you can have in your closet.  Especially this one!  Since it's lounge wear, you can wear it to bum around (but still looking super cute!), or you can dress it up with a blazer (or this shawl!) for a cool work look, or even a cute pair of heels and statement necklace for a night out (talk about multi-function!)!


I love this look, because on days like this, where I'm working one job and then going straight to the second, I like to be super comfortable to help get through a long day of being at work and extra time in the car.  Nothing makes me crankier than being in an outfit that I have to keep adjusting all day (well, being hungry is really what makes me the crankiest...but style-wise, it's definitely the constant fixing of things here and there with my outfit that'll turn me into a bit of a grouch...oops).


I paired the jumpsuit with this statement piece: the striped shawl.  

This shawl has some serious twirl factor, and I'm really digging it; it makes the outfit feel light and floaty. Plus, it's super soft; I felt like I was wrapped in a cozy blanket all day (definitely can't beat that level of comfiness!)!





I'm convinced that the less I spend on my sunnies, the longer they last!  I can't even tell you how long I've had these black cat eyes, but I've never lost or broke them and I probably only spend ten bucks on them at Target!


Shawl (sold out, similar here) + jumpsuit: Aerie || Watch (c/o) Fossil, similar here || Booties: Old Navy (old purchase), similar here + here || Sunnies: Target (old purchase), similar here + here || Tassel necklaces + earrings: J. Crew (old purchases), similar here + here || Initials necklace (a birthday gift from Richie!): BipandBop 

Shop my look (and similar pieces), here!


How are you transitioning your wardrobe from summer to fall?  :)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love this outfit! That jumpsuit and those boots are amazing!
    Originalluxury

    ReplyDelete