Friday, September 4, 2015

Paper Doll Vintage Boutique

I've talked about my favorite local vintage shop...a lot.  As a history major/fashionista I absolutely love vintage fashion from previous eras; one of my favorites is the 40s and 50s. 

A year of two ago my younger sister introduced me to Paper Doll Vintage Boutique, a little vintage shop on Main St., in Sayville, Long Island. 

Now, Rachel and I go at least once a month (sometimes we'll go two or three times!).  We actually go so often, and I'm forever tagging or posting about the shop, that they recognize me from my Insta posts (insert blushing emoji and fangirl squeal of excitement, here haha) when I walk into the store!

I think the reason why we go back (and so often!) is because it's such a fun and inviting place to be!  The staff there, especially owner, Dominique, are so sweet to everyone that walks in; and they're so passionate and knowledgeable about their products and vintage fashion in general. 

They have everything; both vintage and vintage inspired!  Hats, bags, clothes, shoes; you name it, they've got it!  I'm addicted to their sunnies, and I just picked up the cutest turban (totally the new beanie); I plan to go back to get more of each!

So, I think a post, sharing this treasure is overdue!



I LOVED this gingham romper, but alas, it was not meant to be (AKA, my butt was too big for it, haha).  Even though it didn't really fit right, I felt like a pin up star in it!  I'm definitely keeping my eye out for another (slightly bigger) one to put away for next summer!


Peace!  I'm not really sure if I can rock these round sunnies, but they're bubblegum pink and I think I'd wear them anyways--they're too fun not to wear!


I've gotten quite a few things from the shop over the past few months that I absolutely adore.  I've also tried on a few things as well, that I loved, but couldn't justify buying because I had nowhere to wear them (*sigh* broke girl problems), but I had a ton of fun trying them on and daydreaming regardless!

1. Tortoise shell cat eye glasses




Like my pin-up wannabe pose? haha :D

2. Black cat eye sunnies
If you follow me on Insta (here!), then you know how much I love these sunnies.  They've been my summer staple, and I wear them everywhere!  I like their plain black matte color, because it's classic, and the shape is just to die for.  As a devoted winged-liner girl (going on ten years!), I also love a good cat eye.

pic from this post here; also feat. in this post here, here, here, here, annnnd here...so far!

3. White Heart shaped sunnies (sadly, broken)

pic from this post!

4. Kate Spade Blazer!  I haven't seen too many blazers in this gorgeous green color, and the shape is awesome; the asymmetrical collar, and the longer length...I'm in love.

pic from this post here, and also feat. here!

5. Straw hat with black ribbon, A.K.A. Madeline's hat, plus a ton of other vintage hats that I wish I had somewhere to wear!

This straw hat in particular has been one of my favorite pieces I've seen at the shop!  It reminded me of vintage French fashion...which I guess is why I refer to it as the Madeline hat.  The little bow in the back is just darling, and the simple shape of the hat and it's straw material, makes the hat great for summer/spring...or a great vacation hat (a vacation to France!!!).






6. Swan print skirts and petticoats!



7. Peep that chandelier action!  The whole shop is so beautifully decorated; filled with art from local artists, a gorgeous chandelier, and racks and displays filled with vintage treasures!


So if you're ever on the Island (Long Island, for all you out-of-staters!  lol), make some time to stop by!  And if you're too far to make a trip, check out their site (and their Etsy shop!)!  :)


Do you have a favorite local shop that you can't get enough of? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment