Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Swan Crop Top on Repeat + WIWW

Remember this swan crop top (worn a few WIWW Link Ups ago, here)?  Last time I styled it, I had worn a high waisted skirt, so it was appropriate for work; but, pants is a different story, because, number one, I don't own any high waisted pants that work with this top.  Sooooo, in order to make this work appropriate and still wear pants, there was only one solution: layer it with another top!  Layering crop tops is the perfect way to stretch that summer wardrobe into fall and winter (I'm all about making wardrobe pieces go the distance)!  I love the way this swan print crop top looks layered with a long white button up layered underneath.  Completely work appropriate, but still fun and interesting.


I work at a library here in my town and its a lot of running around, so I have to be careful about how I plan out my outfits.  It may be hot and humid outside, but inside the AC is blasting.  But then running around I heat up pretty quickly--there's a lot to take into account temperature-wise at my job, lol.  So layering these two lightweight shirts is perfect for work because it's enough to keep me from freezing all day, but not thick and heavy enough that I'm sweating to death (because that's the worst pretty much anytime).


And you guys already know about my awesome black cat eye sunnies that I'm pretty much obsessed with this summer (from Paper Doll Vintage Boutique, which I talked about here)!  The vintage shape makes them so much more interesting that regular boring plain black frames.  And it's especially important when you're wearing a predominately black outfit (which happens to be a huge chunk of my closet...lol); they're able to stand out, despite being the same color as the rest of my outfit because of their uniqueness.

Druzy Stone necklaces c/o August Jewelry Chicago
I recently teamed up with Angel, at August Jewelry Chicago, to share some of her favorite summer pieces with you guys, and I'm in love!  To me they just scream: summer!  And summer ain't over just yet!  Her pieces are fun and playful, and all around great to wear.  I got so many compliments when I wore them to a party over the weekend.  My favorite thing about Angel's jewelry is that it's so versatile; you can wear each piece alone, or layer them up to make a real statement!

These druzy stones are the main event, and they add a bright pop of color to my outfit; and the delicate gold detailing (the thin gold chain and the gold encircling the druzy stones) kicks it up a notch, making them extra special, and keeps the necklaces looking light and pretty.  Plus, they layer perfectly with the necklace that Richie got for my birthday (which I  wear all the time, and it has our initials, with a little heart in the middle)!

Initials necklace: Bip and Bop
One of my favorite ways to accessorize during the summer is to layer dainty necklaces, just like these ones!  They're super lightweight, but can add a lot of sparkle and impact to any outfit.  I feel like being able to layer multiple pieces together just looks cool; it's effortlessly laid back and boho--perfect for summertime.  You can bet that these bad boys will be making several appearances in future outfits.  :D

Head over  to instagram to check out her pieces at @augustjewelrychicago, and make sure to snag your own druzy necklaces before they're all gone!  (You can order through: augustjewelrychicago@gmail.com).
It's Wednesday, so don't forget to join the fun and link up!


Gracefullee Made

Check out the fabulous hosts:


4 comments:

  1. Cute top! And I really love the layered necklace :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Layered necklaces are my favorite way to accessorize in the summer! :)

      Delete
  2. That's a gorgeous necklace!
    Xo ellen from ask away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! You gotta check out the rest of the August Jewelry Chicago line on her Instagram. She's got amazing pieces! :)

      Delete