Monday, August 31, 2015

Travel Style: Camo + Sailor Stripes

...plus a 90s throw back: Spice Girls buns!  When I travel I like to keep my hair out of my face (one less thing to worry about if I'm not fiddling with my hair!); so I usually stick to buns or braids--chic and easy.  Especially when I'm driving long distance, like I did this weekend, I hate it when my hair gets in my face (I have long, crazy hair with a mind of it's own).

Just a side note, I'm not pregnant, my shirt is just baggy, lol.
Can I just say I love my car (it's a 2015 Chevy Equinox...in champagne!); it's perfect for road trips!  It's super spacious, with lots of room for luggage (and I always travel with a lot of it; I haven't quite gotten acquainted with "packing lightly", haha) and friends...and more luggage (because a girl needs options!)!


This Vera Bradley duffle is an oldie, but a goodie.  I got it as a Christmas gift a few years ago while I was still in college.  It's perfect on short trips and I can fit a TON of stuff in it (the zipper is basically magic, because no matter how much I stuff in there, it always seems to be able to close!)!.

And this palm print Old Navy tote (sadly, sold out, but I did post some similarly inspired bags down at the bottom!)?  I use it for everything!  Trips to the beach, my gym bag, and when I go on trips it holds my toiletries and shoes (I like to have lots of options, lol).


My favorite travel outfits are loose, but still have some structure to them; this makes them both comfortable and stylish.  This nautical striped top and joggers are perfect; the patterns provide interest, and everything looks put together but isn't stuffy and uncomfortable (the worst things that your outfit could be when traveling--especially on a long car ride).


Upstate New York is ridiculously gorgeous!  Nature is everywhere and it's all beautiful.  Leaving Long Island and heading upstate for a couple of days is just the refreshing getaway that I needed (I've been feeling tired and in a slump for a couple of weeks now).


#selfie.  I snuck this one in while Richie was still out of the car, before we left for our hike...  No matter what anyone says, you can never have too many selfies!  Plus, I love these aviators (another Old Navy find!), which I think are the perfect sunnies for any adventure!  And check out my ombré; on point!  ;)


Yes, I make Richie take selfies with me (and there are a million more of just me when he refuses to get in the picture, lol).  I took a really cool, little video selfie, but it was one second short of the three second minimum to post it to Insta (not cool, Instagram, not cool; insert sad, teary emoji face here).  But this one is just as cute.  :)

I'm not gonna lie, the hike was much harder than I thought.  I was sweaty and achy...and cranky.  I have a weird love/hate relationship with heights: I'm totally okay with them and love them when I'm strapped into something, but the trail wasn't a typical, well-wen dirt path, there was lots on climbing, and narrow pathways, and drops off the sides; in short, I was a giant weenie during most of it.  I wish I would've just taken a deep breath and enjoyed it more, because it was truly beautiful; but I was so worried of slipping, and falling off the path and breaking something, that I let my anxiety take over, and it sort of ruined some of the adventure.  Luckily, Richie was a really good sport about it all.

When we finally got to the waterfall, it was all definitely worth it.  Pictures don't do this place justice.


I had to stick my hands under the waterfall.  It was just so, so hot on Saturday; especially since this was the end of the hike, and then you had to turn back to hike back down (so, I guess it was really the middle of the hike, haha).



When my sister (and blogger photographer), Rachel, isn't around, that means it's up to Richie to snap some shots for me--whether he likes it or not...and he doesn't, lol.  During our hike I wanted to get in a quick outfit pic, with this amazing backdrop.  His response, "Not everything is a fashion show!".  

He's lucky he's cute.

After the long hike, Richie took me to a nearby watering hole that people go to after a long hike.


Jumping off this ledge into the watering hole was so much fun (and my goodness, so refreshing too!)!  Even though I love adventure, and crazy roller coasters, heights anywhere else, kind of freak me out (like I said, love/hate relationship); it was a little scary to stand on that ledge, getting ready to jump into waters that I didn't know how deep they went, but I'm super glad I did!  Richie and I were the only people jumping from the highest ledge, and it gave me a pretty good confidence boost (and it totally cooled me off from our hike!)!

*Check out one of my other upstate adventures, here, where Richie and I went underground at Howe Caverns! *

The next day, we just took it easy: sleeping in late and then, hitting the Crossgates Mall for some date night fun (they have everything there!)!


Ever since I went to Dave and Busters a couple of months ago, I've been hooked (is that dorky? lol #sorrynotsorry)!  So Sunday night  we went for date night; it's easy, fun and has everything in one place (food, drinks, and entertainment)!  Plus, I'm super competitive (with pretty much anything, especially Monopoly...), and I love winning tickets; I don't know what it is, and Richie finds it hysterical that I get so amped when I win (hitting jackpot is the best feeling in the world, haha).


As you can see, I'm super sad that Dave and Busters went electronic with their tickets. One of my favorite parts is when all the tickets comes shooting out of the game (especially when you hit jackpot!!!).

 I hope ya'll had a fun weekend like I did!

What's your favorite way to travel in style? :)

Shop my look (and similar pieces!) here:

No comments:

Post a Comment