Sunday, July 5, 2015

Lazy Girl Lunch: Avocado & Cheese sandwich

Fourth of July festivities are officially over, it's Monday, and that means it's back to trying to eating healthy (...and possibly going to the gym).  There's one guilt-free meal I love eating that doesn't make me feel guilty after I gobble it down: an avocado and cheese sandwich.  It takes about 2 minutes to make and is actually filling!

Here's what you'll need:
-2 slices of bread (I prefer whole wheat or whole grain)
-shredded cheese (either regular cheddar or taco/Mexican blend is my favorite!)
-1 avocado
-optional: garlic powder and/or yeast flakes


I usually toast my bread for sandwiches first, because I like a little crispiness to my bread.  Then just sprinkle on some shredded cheese (a mound of cheese isn't the healthiest, but who doesn't love cheese?!), and pop it in the microwave for just a couple of seconds, until the cheese melts.


Time for the main attraction: avocado.  I spread half of an avocado on each slice.

After I  mashed up the avocado (I like to be able to spread it around so that every bite has some avocado goodness in it!), I sprinkled on a little garlic powder and some yeast flakes (they're good for you, and have a little bit of a cheesy taste, and you can get them at your local health food store).

Put the two slices together (or eat them separately as an open-faces sandwich), and voila!


I add some extra veggies on the side to snack on; it makes my meal feel more complete and I end up feeling pleasantly full (not end-of-Thanksgiving-meal-full).

No comments:

Post a Comment