Friday, February 5, 2016

Fancy Pants Snow Day

Nothing's better than waking up and finding out that you have a snow day!

I typically pick out my outfits the night before, and then when I woke up this morning to texts that work was cancelled.  Hallelujah!  I love being able to just sit in bed when I wake up, no rush to be anywhere.  However, I wanted to at least try and be somewhat productive, and to do that I had to change out of my PJs (aka my fave aerie joggers and one of Richie's tees, haha), so I swapped my sweats for something a little (a lot) cuter, but that would still be super comfy (it is a snow day after all, and I think comfiness is a snow day rule)--why let a super cute outfit go to waste?  So I sucked it up and braved the snow and get some cute pics!  It wasn't too bad...except when my tripod fell phone screen down into the snow...that's when I knew it was time to get back in the house and get back into my joggers, haha.



This combo of leggings and a fun sweater is the perfect outfit for pretty much anywhere: work, running errands, hanging out with friends, or in my case, bumming it in the house all day.


A girl can never have too many sunnies!  My collection is growing fast, and these super cute aerie heart shaped frames are one of my absolute favorites!  They have the classic tortoise shell frames, but with a fun heart shape.






I literally just got these fabulous snakeskin sneaks yesterday and was planning on wearing them out today...and then it snowed an insane amount early this morning, so no work, haha.  But what better time to break in new shoes, than on a snow day?!


Gold details are my favorite accessories to add a little bit of sparkle to any outfit without having to go overboard; a two piece ring set and my favorite Fossil watch (c/o) are more than enough to dress up my snow day outfit without being too flashy.  Simple gold accessories are classic and timeless, perfect for dressing up a sweater/jeans outfit!



Richie got me an Instax Mini for Christmas and decided to break it out for some snow day fun!

SHOP MY LOOK :)

Sweater: aerie, old (similar here, and this one from Topshop is super cute!) || Scarf: H&M || 
Hat: aerie (on sale, $13!!) || Sunnies: aerie || Sneakers: Zara, Poshmark find (use code 'PNXBH' when you sign up to earn a $10 credit towards your first Posh find!) || Rings: Slate, c/o Rocksbox (use code 'classicallycaitxoxo' to get your first month free!) || Watch: c/o Fossil

No comments:

Post a Comment