Sunday, February 28, 2016

Weekend Chic

Yesterday I talked about how at the end of the week, I like to dress down, but still remain chic; however, that feeling usually only lasts one day, lol.  About 98% of the time I prefer to be dressed up, no matter what, but that doesn't mean that I'm uncomfortable.  Since I started really getting into fashion because of my Insta and this blog, I've been able to figure out how to be dressed up without feeling uncomfortable and restricted.

One happy medium is through denim.  Jeans are created in such a wide variety of styles that it's super easy to dress up and down a single pair of jeans without breaking your budget.  I practically live in these American Eagle ripped jeans, because they look expensive, but are perfect, under $60, and are super comfortable.


Blazer Cape: Romwe || Bow Tie top: Banana Republic (similar for $35 here) || 
Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters || Flats: Charlotte Russe, old (similar here) || 
Bag: Marshalls (this BP. bag has a similar vibe!) || Hat: aerie || 
Sunnies: Wish app (free to download the app!; similar here) || Watch: c/o Fossil || 
Bracelet: gorjana; c/o Rocksbox subscription (use code classicallycaitxoxo to get your first month FREE!)



This Romwe blazer cape (see how I styled it with my fave stripe tee, here; it's under $30!) is perfect for a casual chic vibe; the sleeveless, cape gives you the nonchalant blazer-thrown-over-the-shoulder look, without the effort of trying to keep your jacket on your shoulders without it slipping off every two minutes.  Definitely a classic piece that's a must-have for any fashionista's closet!

And paired with this Banana Republic neck-tie top, it's the perfect blend of menswear inspired weekend wear.  AKA: cool girl chic (and yes I've come to realize I use the term "cool girl chic" a lot; but seriously, isn't that what any fashionista strives for?) *high five*.









What's your favorite way to dress up your weekend wear? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment