Monday, February 15, 2016

Leather Clad Ballerina

It's universally know that Mondays kinda suck, and when it's freezing outside (hello single digits), they suck even more.  So an all black ensemble seems appropriate for such a blah day, right?  Absolutely!  But, even though Mondays are blah, your monochromatic OOTD doesn't need to follow suit!  My favorite way to make an all black (or any color) outfit cool is to play around and mix textures; today I mixed leather (faux, as I'm a fashionista on a budget, haha), knits, and netting, with gold and snakeskin accents for some added interest.

And like I said, it's freezing over here (my car was reading like one degree, *sigh*), so how to mix up those textures?  Layer!  I paired my (faux) leather peplum tank (because I love to preach versatility in a wardrobe; make your clothes go the extra distance outside their made for seasons!), with a ballerina wrap sweater.  Not only does this mix knits and leather, but both pieces paired together give you a bangin' hourglass silhouette (*high fives*); between the sweater that cinches you in at the waist, and then the peplum flaring out from the same point you have created some killer curves whether you were born with them or not--easy peasy.



I've been after a veiled beanie for ages, and I finally found one the other day while I was shopping at H&M...needless to say I am a super duper fan of this classy meets cool accessory!

And how simple and perfect are these Gorjana earrings from my latest Rocksbox?!  These can be worn with pretty much any outfit; sign up for their months subscription box, and use code 'xoxoclassicallycait' to get your first month free!!




I absolutely love an all black outfit with pops of shiny gold; it's so simple, and yet edgy at the same time!  This ring set was also part of this month's Rocksbox, and I loved them so much that I bought them immediately after trying them on and falling in love with them!

And this watch?!  The perfect blend of classic and modern!  I love the mix of gold and silver, and then a clean leather band.




This little crossbody is one of the reasons I love thrifting; only $2, and it's classic style makes it a staple piece! 


Totally got caught by my neighbors across the street when I was taking these pictures...haha.


SHOP MY LOOK

Leather Leggings: Kohls, old (similar here; ASOS also has a similar pair, available in regular, petite and curvy!!) || Peplum: old, similar here || Wrap Sweater: aerie || Snakeskin sneakers: Poshmark* find, similar, high top version, here || Watch: c/o Fossil || Ring set + Earrings: c/o Rocksbox* || Collar Necklace: Forever21 || Initials Necklace: b-day gift from Richie; etsy, BipAndBop || Hat: H&M outlet (similar here)

*Poshmark: use code PNXBH when you sign up (it's free!), to get a $10 credit towards your first purchase!
*Rocksbox: use code XOXOCLASSICALLYCAIT when you sign up to get your first month free!

No comments:

Post a Comment