Monday, March 14, 2016

A Day at the Met

A mini-cap of this weekend's micro trip into NYC with Richie. And I say mini-cap because we probably only spend a total of five hours in the city, lol. 

It was the perfect day for it, the weather was gorgeous, not too hot, not too cold; I was able to rock my fave leather jacket and my fun new Express fringe jeggings (and they're under $40!).



Jeggings: Express (on sale, under $40!) || Shirt: American Eagle Outfitters || 
Leather Jacket: H&M (similar) || Fringe Cuff: Dynamite (similar) || Sunnies: aerie || 
Booties: Old Navy (on sale, under $20!) || Bag: Marshalls (similar + similar in white) || 
Watch: c/o Fossil



We weren't in the city for long (we both had such a long, busy week that by the time the weekend hit, we were too tired to do anything crazy), but it was still a great little trip. It was nice to get out of the house, and out of town for something fun that we wouldn't typically just go out and do. If you don't have a lot of time when visiting a big city, I suggest you do what we did, pick one big sight to see (we chose the Met), and then a smaller stop (we picked up macaroons at Laduree on Madison Ave.); that way you get the adventure without being overwhelmed.  Plus, in a place like NYC half the adventure is just getting to and from your main sights.







There was a bit of a wait to get into Laduree, so just be prepared, especially if you go later in the day.  This was my first time going and having the famous macarons, so I was determined to get my box of 6...plus I was super excited because they're almost too pretty to eat and they turned out to be delicious.



How gorgeous is their window display?!  All the bright colors and tons on pretty, yummy macarons in the windows make me ready to leap right into spring!! 


At first Richie was impatient to wait, and thought I was silly for spending $21 on six macarons (trust me, soooo worth it!); but later the next day, I made him try one, and let's just say that now he's a believer and was super happy I made him wait on line with me.

Luckily, Richie was a super good sport that day; not only did he wait on line at Laduree, but he took several outfit pics until I got some good ones to share with y'all.


It was a short and sweet little trip, but it was just what I needed!

Here's some of my favorite sights from the museum!


How amazing is this artist we passed?!  He drew quite a crowd, he was that good!



Egyptian wigs on point.




Some of the French rooms they rebuilt in the museum were drop dead gorgeous; I was ready to move right in!  Just give me a tiara and a silk gown and I'll be good to take up residence any day!


This courtyard was so impressive that I forgot I was still indoors!



I was wide-eyed and in complete awe with the fact that the Met rebuilt whole rooms and structures inside the museum!  I kept telling Richie I felt like I was on a movie set because there was no way it could all be so real; it was surreal.



I wonder who I had to talk to about getting my hands on this necklace??? haha...but really, I would rock this beauty all day, every day!


The paintings were gorgeous!  They made me a little envious that we don't dress up like this every day!  I'm putting it on my bucket list to get dressed up and have a photo shoot in a gorgeous gown, and get made up just like an old royal.


Have you taken any micro trips lately that you had a blast on?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment