Wednesday, March 9, 2016

School Girl Chic

Some days I start off with a basic outfit, and then as I'm getting ready I just start grabbing different accessories until I really transform the outfit into something amazing.


Boyfriend Jeans: GAP || Pullover top: Old Navy, old (similar) ||
Booties: Lucky Brand, via Poshmark* (similar) || 
Blazer Cape: Romwe || Sunnies: aerie || Layered Necklace: Forever21, old (similar) || 
Bag: c/o Fossil || Watch: c/o Fossil 

*Use code PNXBH when you sign up to get a $10 credit (and trust me, $10 can go a long way here!)


Last night I knew I wanted to wear this white pullover and boyfriend jeans with my booties, but didn't know what else to wear with it to jazz it up. 

This morning I looked at my jewelry rack and got the idea to layer ribbon (which was actually a belt from a pair of fancy shorts I bought ages ago, but don't fit me anymore) and necklaces, and then add my current favorite item, my blazer cape!

I did something similar a little while ago (check it out here! ... or a more casual version, here!), but it takes on a whole different feel when you switch up the accessories and shoes; so easy!  It's the little touches like the accessories and shoes that can take one basic outfit, to the next level and create several different looks from one central outfit!


There's something about wearing heels that just makes me feel more confident and more like a girl boss. Anyone else?!

Unfortunately for me, I can't really wear heels everyday. I fractured my foot a few years ago and it didn't heal quite right, so usually wearing heels for an extended period of time doesn't usually end too well. However these Lucky Brand booties I found on Poshmark are perfect!  They still have a heel (about 2-ish inches), but it's a thicker, stacked heel so I'm still comfortable running around at work.









How do you dress up and reinvent a basic outfit?  :)

SHOP MY LOOK 

No comments:

Post a Comment