Thursday, January 15, 2015

Aztec Secret Clay Mask

Tonight my sister (and new photographer, lol) and I tried out a clay mask that I had picked up the other day. It's called Aztec Secret.

Let me just say, that when they say deep cleaning, they really do mean deep.  The best part?  It's only $6.99 for a big ol' jar of it, and you only need two spoonfuls to make a generously portioned mask!  For the price it's a steal, because you only use it once a week and it'll definitely last you a long time.




I used 2 spoonfuls of clay powder to two spoonfuls of apple cider vinegar (plus a few drops of tea tree oil).  Also, use a small tupperware bowl (don't use metal!); it's easy to clean and no one will mind you using it to mix your clay mask in.





Lots of mixing!


If the mask is a little too dry after you mix it, add a bit more apple cider vinegar (it's good for your skin!), or some water.

When you apply the mask, you want to put it on nice and thick (the package suggests around 1/2 inch of clay!).






 After a couple of minutes you can start to feel a cool, tingly sensation in your face.

Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes (I kept mine on for the max amount for the deepest cleaning--my pores thanked me).


I felt like a witch with all the green lumpy clay on my face!




Most of it washes off super easy with warm water.  The stubborn remains you can easily wipe off with a damp face cloth.





 Seriously my pores look so good!  I can't believe how clean they got; they're practically invisible!


I feel so squeaky clean!  :)

I would definitely recommend this mask.  It's cheap, and does an awesome job (you can't get any better than that)!  This is the best face mask you can get without going to a spa (and a fraction of the cost), so it's definitely beyond worth the $6.99 it costs. 

Have you tried any face masks that you love?



No comments:

Post a Comment