Saturday, January 24, 2015

Curls for Days


Guys I'm so proud of how these curls turned out today!  Practice really does make perfect; but so does a little experimenting.  Later today I'm heading to a friend's housewarming party, and on a whim, decided to curl my hair.  Usually I stray away from applying heat to my hair, but since I don't use heat much I didn't mind doing it today.

I'm still pretty new to curling my hair, so it's definitely a work in progress.  Whenever you're learning something new, there's always room for experimenting--even if they were unintentional (those are usually the best)!  When I was curling my hair as I usually do, I finished and realized that I needed to re-curl a piece of hair.  So I just brushed out the piece and lo-and-behold: a beautifully soft curl--it was perfect!  From there I went back and gently brushed out each curl, to make the originally more tight and structured curls, into more natural-looking curls (which also happen to be my favorite)!  It's a happy accident because I've been trying for forever to achieve more natural looking curls, but didn't really know how to do it.  Funny how things always work out like that, huh?  :)

Check out my post here for the amazing tutorial I used to learn how to curl my hair.

P.S.  This awesome "RAD" tee is from Old Navy, and the GAP sweater is a recent thrift find from Savers!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment