Saturday, January 23, 2016

Winter Hippie

Winter is finally here, and all the stores are starting to put out their spring collections...hahaha.

I'm loving the current retro trend going around, especially the flare pant; but it's been pretty hard to find a pair that are affordable and figure flattering.  The moment I put on these aerie flare pants, I knew I had to have them!  But here's the catch, even though it's January, these pants are one of the many new pieces in the spring collection.  That's right, their spring collection; but, I've found a way around this, and was able to incorporate one of aerie's newest pieces into my winter wardrobe.  Boom, instant bang for my buck.

These flares are perfect because you can wear them in any season; they lightweight, so when it's cold, you can layer up without overheating (queue the faux fur vest!), and when it's warm they're not thick, so you'll stay cool.  Basically these pants are the best of both world--major versatility points.






I'm seriously loving the off white and blue combo with gold and leather accessories-- it's the epitome of winter!

This outfit is super comfy and stylist at the same time; it's also weather appropriate (like I said before, major versatility points!).  As if it couldn't get any better, I think this outfit is flattering for all body types.  I myself am no stick, so sometimes its hard to find things that fit properly and look nice at the same time (ugh, curvy girl problems...).  But, I'm telling you, these flares are amazing!  I love the high waist and wide leg; it helps hide my "problem areas", and flatters my figure, making me look nice and tall.






Do you have any favorite seasonal pieces that you've transitioned into other seasons?  :)

SHOP MY LOOK

Flare Pants: aerie (under $40!) || Lace Cross top: American Eagle Outfitters (on sale, $17!) || Faux Fur vest: aerie, old (similar here + here) || Booties: Old Navy (on sale, $21!) || Tassel Bucket Bag: American Eagle Outfitters || Sunnies: old (similar here) || Ring set: Slate, c/o Rocksbox subscription* || Necklaces: initials: BipAndBop; Long Pendant: Kendra Scott, c/o Rocksbox subscription*

*use code "classicallycaitxoxo" to receive your first month of Rocksbox for FREE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment