Thursday, January 14, 2016

Pom Poms + Circumstance

Don't you just love a good mail day?  I just scored these AWESOME pom pom flats from ASOS for next to nothing (on sale right now for $21!!!)!!

Even though these shoes are more trendy than classic, you can't say no to a great pair of shoes that are only $21.  Typically my rule for buying new shoes is, classic styles that are also great quality, is a splurge item, and I don't mind paying extra for.  But certain trendy items, that might not be on trend for more than a season or two (or maybe three), I'd rather not pay the big bucks for.  What I usually do is try and have some patience and wait for my favorite trendy pieces to go on sale before I buy them; which isn't hard to do considering many stores send their new items to sale after only a few weeks, which will save you the big bucks in the long run and you won't feel so guilty getting rid of them when the trend passes.


I'm totally into the pom pom craze right now!  They're such a fun detail, and depending on how they're styled, can also be super chic and stylish without being silly.

I've already gotten so many compliments on them on my first wear!

These are the perfect flats for a casual outfit like today's because they add some edginess and sophisticated whimsy to an otherwise plain outfit.






SHOP MY LOOK:
Pom Pom flats: ASOS (on sale! $21!) || Jeggings: American Eagle Outfitters || Hi-Lo Mock Turtleneck: Aerie || Moto Jacket: GAP (old sales find) || Tassel Bucket Bag: American Eagle Outfitters || Necklace: American Eagle Outfitters (old, in store only) || Sunnies: Wish app


2 comments:

  1. I'm totally in love with those flats! They add a quirky touch to your outfit :) I totally agree with your spending philosophy- spend more on classic, and less on trendy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite classics to splurge on right now have to be booties! They're great for a majority of the year, and if you get them in a good classic style and color (especially faux/leather), they'll last you years, and not just a few seasons! :)

      Delete