Saturday, January 16, 2016

Style Inspo: Kendall Jenner + the Canadian Tux

I love trying to recreate celebrity looks with pieces I already own, because to me it means that you can still rock a killer OOTD without spending your whole paycheck...or maxing out your credit card (definitely don't do that, no matter how cute that celeb's shoes or bag is!).

One of my recent faves is Kendall Jenner (and check out my other recent celeb look alike OOTD: Gigi Hadid, here!).  Her street style is pretty laid back and simplistic and she always looks chic AF (high five girl!).  And for me that means that her style is easily attainable for a blogger on a budget (my wallet thanks you Miss Jenner).

pic from Pinterest
pic from Pinterest

This is one of the best ways to dress up the weekend, and still be comfortable: the Canadian tux.

The trick is not to be too matchy-matchy.  Mix up denim colors and textures; monochromatic is great...unless you match too much, and then you wind up looking like a blueberry (think Violet from Willy Wonka...yikes).

Otherwise, this outfit is super simple to recreate, and you probably already have all the pieces in your own closet (I did!).  My chambray pullover is already three years old!  It's a great staple piece to have in your closet because it's super versatile and can be dressed up or down.  And who doesn't own at least one pair of jeans?







Chambray pullover: J. Crew sales find (similar here + here) || Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters || Bucket Bag: American Eagle Outfitters || Hat: souvenir from an old Yankees game || Watch: c/o Fossil || Sneakers: Puma (under $40!) || Sunnies: Wish app (similar here)

What's your chic and easy weekend look?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment