Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Equestrian Street Style

My style is always flip-flopping between preppy and street style, edgy and classic, sporty and simple; because of this, I tend to mix a lot of styles together to create a unique look (grungy prep anyone? lol).

Just recently I got a Poshmark package in the mail: a Zara blazer, complete with elbow patches (I LOVE me some elbow patches).  If you didn't know already, I'm a sucker for a good blazer (I probably have almost ten now in my closet as we speak), and when I scrolled through the Poshmark app and saw this tweed beauty, I knew I just had to have it!

I love the old, English feel of it; that is to say, it reminds me of someone going out to a hunt or horse riding (my inner prep is loving it).


Today I wasn't feeling totally old English aristocrat (even though I have an awesome pair of riding-inspired jeggings), so I paired my blazer with a simple black sweater (even though it's May, it's still cold and rainy... so typical English-like weather lol), and my favorite boyfriend jeans.  It's a pretty simple outfit, but it's also a great combination of differing styles.

The blazer is a chic and sophisticated addition to jeans and a sweater, bringing this rainy day outfit to the next level (any excuse for me to throw on a blazer is good enough for me!).  And these lace up boots (also a Poshmark find!), add a little subtle edginess, giving my outfit a street style meets English equestrian look.

I love it!


Blazer: ZARA, via Poshmark* (similar) || Sweater: aerie, old (similar, under $20!) ||
Jeans: GAP || Watch: c/o Fossil || Bag: Banana Republic ||
Sunnies: Wish app (similar) || Pearl Bracelet: J. Crew clearance (similar)
Boots: Lucky Brand, via Poshmark (similar)

*Use code PNXBH when you sign up (for free!) to get a $10 credit (I've gotten shoes for $13!!) towards your first purchase!

Poshmark is great for finding your favorite brands for cheap; as well as making some extra money on the side, selling all the clothes that take up space in your closet.

Need some cute pieces to update your wardrobe, but your wallet isn't up to a major spending spree?  Poshmark is awesome because you can score pieces for 50-75% off retail price!  My Lucky boots?  I got them for only $30!!  Such an easy way to treat yo self on the cheap and add some great pieces to your wardrobe without going into debt.

And if you have a closet full of clothes you don't wear (I think we're all guilty of holding onto pieces we probably won't ever wear), Poshmark is an easy way to get rid of the excess, while making a little extra money for guilt-free shopping or putting into your savings (you can get a check sent to you or have it direct deposited!).  It's super easy, and it's all done through the app, so you can run your closet on the go!








How do you style mash-up?  :)
Gracefullee Made

Shop my look:


No comments:

Post a Comment