Sunday, May 1, 2016

Spring Trench + Stripes

J. Crew is on point with their spring jackets; and I'm completely on board (I also love this field jacket that I featured on the blog yesterday)! 

As I get older, I'm starting to realize the phrase "quality over quantity" is truer and truer (you were right after all, mom).  While I still love buying fun trendy pieces, I've come to realize that I need to be smarter in spending my money, and that the bulk of my money spent on my wardrobe should be dedicated to well-fitting, quality pieces that are classic and can be worn for many, many more years.

Enter, this beauty, the J. Crew Factory trench jacket.

Even though April just ended, the weather has been very unpredictable with many cooler and rainier days.  That being said, jackets are still a must even though summer is right around the corner.  I love this timelessness of the trench, and that I can throw it over any outfit (good or lazy...) and still look put together!



Trench: J. Crew (on sale!) || Tee: J. Crew || Jeggings: American Eagle || 
Sneakers: Puma || Crossbody: Banana Republic || Sunnies: aerie || 
Watch: c/o Fossil || Bracelet: J. Crew, clearance find (similar)


The trench is a classic wardrobe staple, that looks awesome thrown over a fun sailor stripe tee and jeans for a chic casual look.  It was perfect for a day of shopping and lunch with my mom!




Speaking of classic investment pieces, how gorge is this Banana Republic cross body (also comes in a nude color) I scored at their sale yesterday (40% off!)?  Every girl needs at least one good leather bag in her style arsenal for a quick polished look.


What are your classic wardrobe staples?  :)

Shop My Look:


No comments:

Post a Comment