Tuesday, June 16, 2015

WIWW Link Up: Joggers, Leather + Stripes

Don't you love it when you find things in your closet that you forgot about?  And then you find a new way to wear it so you can put it to use again?

To save space in my closet, I hang up a couple of spaghetti strap shirts and tanks on one hanger.  So the other day when I was going through my closet to plan my outfits for the week, I re-discovered a faux-leather peplum tank I had gotten a while back.  I used to wear it to go out with friends on the weekends, but it's been a while since we've done that, so I had forgotten completely about the shirt.  Plus, I thought, is leather really appropriate for work?  But when I spotted my striped blazer (an awesome hand-me-down from my mom), I was like, "this could totally work"!  Needlessly to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I paired them both with my joggers and some bright D'Orsay flats.


The joggers tone down  the leather and makes it much more casual for the daytime, while the blazer makes the outfit office appropriate. Plus, the bright flats add a great pop of color to an otherwise monochromatic outfit.

And of course, you can't go wrong with the Ariana Grande half-up, half-down pony!

What do your guys think about daytime leather for work?  :)

Don't forget to join the fun and link up!

Gracefullee Made

Check out the fabulous hosts:

No comments:

Post a Comment