Wednesday, June 3, 2015

WIWW Link-Up: Safari Meets City Girl

The last couple of days have been pretty icky with all the rain, and today it was just plain chilly. Isn't it almost summer?  Shouldn't it be sunny and warm?

Since it was colder than it's been lately, I decided to layer up.  It seems like a lot of times I'll go into work dressed for one type of weather, and then when I leave, the weather is changed completely!

Yesterday I picked up this safari shirt from Banana Republic (on sale, right meow!).  I didn't plan on buying anything at the mall, but when I saw this shirt (on sale, 40% off!) I just knew it would be an awesome staple piece (gotta give my chambray a break sometime, right?) and I knew I could style it so many different ways.

I don't know why, but whenever I buy something, I feel the need to wear it right away.  It's the same feeling I get when I order something online, and then the impatience that follows until whatever I ordered comes in the mail.  So I decided pair it with another new staple that I just added to my wardrobe.
I don't dress too fancy for work because I work at a library, and I'm constantly running around, shelving books, cleaning up, etc; but I still like dressing up instead of going into work in jeans, a tee and sneakers.  Most of the time I'm dressing up a cute pair of pants simply because it's more practical.  But every once in a while I'll break out a skirt or a dress that I really love.

I just bought this J. Crew scallop dress during the Memorial Day weekend sales for an engagement party that Richie and I will be attending later in the month.  But I love the color and shape (um, the scallops?  So cute!) so much that I wanted to wear it before the party.

I love layering statement necklaces with more dainty ones.  It's not so overwhelming or heavy, which is great for the summertime (heat+anything heavy around your neck= straight up misery).

*Get my sweetheart necklace, here, at BipAndBop, an awesome Etsy shop!*

And no outfit is complete without a little arm candy, am I right?  A "chunky" watch and bracelet is just enough of a statement without filling up your whole arm with bracelets (which is a big ol' pain in the butt if you work at a library)!

Shop my look!
Don't forget to join the fun and link up!
Gracefullee Made

Check out the fabulous hosts:

No comments:

Post a Comment