Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Not So Basic Tees + WIWW

Who doesn't love a good jeans and tee combo?  It's basically the cool girl uniform (just add leather jacket, lol); but, some days you just need a little extra oomf to your usual go-to...but not too much, just a nice, happy medium.  Essentially, the not-so-basic tee is your ticket to being dressed up, without having to get dressed up.

So what's a gal to do?



Tee: American Eagle || Jeans: GAP || Sunnies: Wish app (similar) || 
Sneakers: ZARA via Poshmark (similar, similar; sign up + use code PNXBH to get $10 credit) || 
Clutch: J. Crew (under $50!) || Watch: c/o Fossil

The What I Wore Wednesday Link Up (hosted by the lovely: Jenna, Brenna, and Grace) is live, so make sure you join up!

Gracefullee Made






Personally, I've become a huge fan of pairing my jeans with simple tees that have a little something extra, enough to make my outfit interesting, but without the overkill.  A simple tee and jean combo can become so much more when your tee has some added detail: some ruffle at the hem (like my current fave from American Eagle; it comes in a few different colors, I got the cream and dark charcoal ones!), or maybe some monochromatic embroidery, even a little bit of embellishment around the collar!  On of my favorite details?  Stripes!  I cannot get enough!!

And sometimes just adding a cute accessory or an edgy leather jacket can make all the difference of turning your favorite plain white (or any color, like this grey one!) tee from 'ehhh' to 'OMG'!!

GET THE DETALS HERE
GET THE OUTFIT DETAILS HERE
Some of my favorite places to score a great tee are American Eagle, Forever21 or J. Crew.

If I could splurge on a statement tee, it would definitely be this white tee with a giant black flower detail from Rosie Assoulin!  Sadly, I don't have $855 to drop on a shirt (*cue the tears* hahaha).

Next time you're in the market for a new tee to go with your favorite jeans, forgo the plain white tee, look for a little something more: a peplum waist, some nautical stripes, or a little bling around the collar!

How do you rock your not-so-basic tee?  :)


Shop my not-so-basic picks here!

No comments:

Post a Comment