Friday, October 16, 2015

The Good Kind of Blues...and my Indiana Jones Hat!

Today was one of the first days that it was consistently cool all day; but not cool enough to be breaking out the big guns (my heavy jackets).  I went with my J. Crew denim vest (at under $100, its a great investment piece because you can wear it all year round, like I did here, during the summer!) because it was just thick enough to keep away the chill, but not so heavy as to make me overheat as I ran around at work.  Perfect for layering on top of a popover!



I'm not a big hat person, but I certainly love buying them (um...#shopaholic...oops, lol).  I do however, love wearing this H&M wool hat in the fall.  It's great to throw on when you're having a bad hair day (or even when you're having a good one!), and still look super cute.  

My dad calls it my Indiana Jones hat, haha.


This black leather saddle bag was a major thrift find at my favorite, Paper Doll Vintage Boutique (only $10!!!!).  I've only had it for a week and I've worn it everyday since!  Plus, the little gold details compliment my Fossil watch that I never go anywhere without (score!).



And last but not least, my flats.  I'm totally on the lace up flats bandwagon!  However they seem like they can get expensive, and as a girl on a budget I was super surprise, over-the-moon happy when I found a pair in Charlotte Russe, perfect for all y'all on a budget too (they're under $30 and come in black as well!)!

Vest: J. Crew || Stripe Popover: Old Navy, old; similar here || Watch: c/o Fossil || 
Lace Up Flats: Charlotte Russe (sale alert: buy 1, get one $10! Comes in black too!) || 
Saddle bag cross body: Paper Doll Vintage Boutique, vintage; similar here || Jeggings: Old Navy || Parrot Pin: Savers, thrift find || Hat: H&M, old; similar here

No comments:

Post a Comment