Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Eyelet

In less than a week I'll be 24 (on Thursday the 9th to be exact), and for a while now, holidays like Easter aren't really celebrated with as much gusto as when I was younger (anyone else miss Easter baskets and egg hunts?); but I still like getting dressed up for Easter dinner with my family (it's now basically a second Thanksgiving, and I'm totally okay to celebrate any holiday by stuffing my face!).

This year I went for something simple and easy.  A while back I shared a post about the Old Navy eyelet dress that I had just got for spring/summer.  I put it on for the first time today, and I was in love as soon as I put the dress on!  It fits like a dream, and it's lined so it's not see-through.


If you haven't seen it or purchased one yet, I highly recommend this dress!  And right now it's on sale at Old Navy for $35 (plus, today and tomorrow you can get an extra 20% off your order when you order online!).  It's nice and light, but isn't flimsy.  And, for tall girls like me (I'm 5'7"), it's not too short at all--perfect length!








Dress: Old Navy
Jacket: BCBGeneration from Marshalls 
Earrings: old from Forever21 (slightly similar here)
Belt: thrifted Ralph Lauren
Shoes: 2 months ago from Marshalls
Necklaces: old sale find from J.Crew (slightly similar here)

I mention in this weekend recap post, the tutorial I used to wand my hair, and it's been a really big help!  I used to end up with these weird, really tight curls that make me look like Shirley Temple (I don't know how I even did it, but it was horrid lol).  Now when I curl my hair it looks a million times better, thanks to my friend Sam.  And the best part is that she shows you how to do it in like 10 minutes!  So if I can learn how to curl my hair with this tutorial, every one of you can too!  :)


Happy Easter!  And happy curling!  :*

No comments:

Post a Comment