Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Manicure: Sprinkles

This post is a day late for Manicure Monday, buuuuuut, better late than never (plus I didn't want to wait a whole week to post this!)!  This nail art is inspired by one of my latest pins: a sprinkles manicure!
Photo: Pinterest

1.  I painted a single coat of my base coat, using Sally Hansen's Triple Strong.

2.  Two coats of Essie's Topless and Barefoot (allow for some dry time between coats, this will give you a more even finish).


3.  Time for the sprinkles!  I used a nail art specific nail polish brush with a nice thin brush (I got it at Dollar Tree!); make sure you wipe off all the polish from the brush (tissue's fine) before dipping into any other colors.  

These are the colors I used (I tried to stay as close as I could to the colors used in the pin):

  • White: Sally Hansen Hard Nails Extreme "White On"
  • Orange: Sally Hansen Insta-Dry "Man-go Team!"
  • Blue: Probelle "Into the Blue"
  • Pink: Julie "Damsel"
  • Green: Sinful Colors "Garden Party"
4.  Depending on your nail length, the amount of "sprinkles" you'll paint on will vary.  My nails are pretty short right now so I only did about 2-3 of each color on each nail.  The great thing about this manicure is that you don't have to be perfect!  (Just make sure there isn't too much of the nail polish on the brush, otherwise it'll blob up or run)

  • quick tip: Do all your nails the same color sprinkle at the same time, instead of doing each nail all the colors at once.  Don't be a hero and just make your life easier, lol.


5.  Once all the "sprinkles" have dried, apply your top coat, and voila!  All done!

Doesn't look exactly like the pin, but I'm proud to say it still looks pretty darn good!  :)


I've got an entire Pinterest board dedicated to manicures/nail art I'm dying to try (or wishing I could even attempt...seriously, some of these people have to be wizards or something!)!  Check out my board here:

Or check out my own manicure DIYs:
Shamrocks and Studs

Anyone else attempt manis they've pinned on Pinterest?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment