Sunday, May 3, 2015

Spring Blossoms

I'm so excited that I can finally start wearing skirts without freezing my butt off!  I've really started to take some fashion risks more now that I've started blogging.  A few weeks ago I was thrifting with my sister, and stumbled across a gold metallic top; I picked it right away because I was so drawn to it, but kind of thought that I would just wind up putting it back.  But as I thought about it I was thinking how this top was one of those pieces that was so quirky that it was actually cool.  So I bought it.  And now I love it.


Aviators | Old Navy in-store | similar here
Skirt | Choies Green Sakura midi | $16.90
Metallic Top | thrifted from Savers | similar here & here
Pointed Flats | Sam & Libby Heidi Two-piece flats | $30
Bag | Michael Kors Selma (large) | gift from Richie, get it here

I was a little skeptical about this Choies skirt because pretty much all of the models and bloggers who I've seen wearing clothes from this place are much slimmer than me.  I usually wear a size 12 or 14 in bottoms, depending on the brands, but I just couldn't pass up such a cute skirt for such a great price!  I ordered the large (which is what I usually order), and crossed my fingers.  And to my surprise, it fit fine!  The waistband stretches, so it fits comfortably and doesn't squeeze me at the waist (and therefore, no yucky muffin top).

Check out some behind-the-scenes-blogger-outtakes, because when I look back through all my pictures from a shoot these are my favorite because they're so hilarious!
And check out my Ariana Grande do!  I'm kind of digging the high, half-up half-down pony for spring.  ;)
*insert hair flip emoji here*

"Hey, what's going on up there?!"

Have you found a piece that you weren't too sure why you liked it, then after you bought it, wound up loving it?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment